Wednesday, October 28, 2009

A memory of my father.


Many years ago, when we first arrived in Canada, we had to live in a one-bedroom apartment. It was all we could afford, I guess. So, me, my mom, and my dad all slept in the same bedroom, though I did have my own bed. Anyway, one humid summer night, just me and my dad were in the room – Dad probably had to work in the morning; mom was still up. And I told my dad how, in middle of night while sleeping, when you turn over your pillow – it’s nice and relaxing how the pillow temperature is much cooler on the other side – and he said something like, “Yeah, I do that too. The pillow *is* cooler on the other side.”


And I remember laying there, savoring that bonding moment. Just two guys, enjoying their cool pillows.


1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Well, you're not asisan because in that story it wold have been the whole family in the one room. But I enjoyed your pillow story anyhow. ;)

5:37 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home